Our brewing team will be putting together a new beer recipe every month for both all-grain brewers and extract brewers. This kit comes with all the ingredients you'll need for this month's recipe!
Click here to check out this month's All-Grain Recipe.
American Chocolate Stout
- 1x 1.7kg Morgans Export Dockside Stout
- 1x Home Make It Stout Mix
- 1x Light Dry Malt
- 1x Centennial Hops 50g packet
- 1x Safale US-05 Dry Yeast
- In a good sized pot, add 1 cup of Light Dry Malt to 1 litre of water and bring to the boil (keep watch over it to ensure it does not boil over).
- Once at the boil, add 30g of Centennial hop pellets and boil for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and cool in a basin of cold water.
- Place the remaining Light Dry Malt and Stout Mix into a sanitised, well drained fermenting vessel (FV).
- Add 2 litres of hot water then immediately pick the fermenter up and swirl the contents until dissolved (about 15 secs) - this minimises lumps.
- Add the Morgans Dockside Stout Extract and strained hop/malt mix then stir thoroughly to dissolve all ingredients.
- Add cool water to the 18 Lt mark and stir vigorously.
- Check the brew temperature and top up to the 22 Lt mark with hot or cold water (refrigerated if necessary) to get as close as possible to 21C.
- Sprinkle the dry yeast and fit the lid.
- Allow the brew to drop to 18C over the course of 12 to 24 hrs then try to maintain this temperature range during fermentation.
- Fermentation has finished once the specific gravity is stable over 2 days.