~ New Home Make It Kits Have Arrived! ~
There's now no excuse why you can't become your very own salumiere or brewer. The days of dreaming about making your own salami or beer are behind you. It doesn't get any simpler with the launch of our complete range of Homemade Sausage & Salami and Beer Kits. Our new Home Make It™ Kit range includes simple recipes and all the basic equipment supplies to make your own sausages and salami and home brew.
For more details or to be one of the first to purchase and try out our new kits, follow the links below;
- Homemade Salami Recipe Kit - Hot Italian
- Homemade Salami Recipe Kit - Hungarian
- Homemade Salami Recipe Kit - Mild Italian
- Homemade Salami Recipe Kit - Pepper Saucisson
- Homemade Salami Recipe Kit - Spicy Chorizo
- Homemade Sausage Recipe Kit - Dolce Italian
- Homemade Sausage Recipe Kit - Garlic Lover's
- Homemade Sausage Recipe Kit - Pork & Fennel
- Homemade Sausage Recipe Kit - Hot Continental
- Homemade Sausage Recipe Kit - Spanish
Our range of new Beer Kits start with the basic beginners kits, through to the super upgraded kits.
The Beer Kits got the seal of approval by some local home brewers at the recent Melbourne Salami Festa.
~ Eltham and District Winemakers Guild ~
If you're passionate about homemade winemaking, or consider yourself a bit of a wine connoisseur, then join us on Sunday 16 November, 2014 at the annual Eltham and District Winemakers Guild, for the Amateur Wine Show, on from 11am until 2.00pm at The Veneto Club. The show is entering its 45th year and arguably Australia's largest amateur wine show, featuring:-
- over 500 wines for tastings,
- a separate professional "boutique" category,
- an Awards ceremony,
- artisan cheese and olive oil sales and sample,
- and workshops and demonstrations in Food and Wine Matching (11.15am) and Homemade Sausage Making with Steve Lamberto of Home Make It (12.45pm).
We must admit, we're super excited about this year's Amateur Wine Show moving to The Veneto Club in Bulleen, and we're thrilled to be a Principle Sponsor of the show again. Good luck to all our Reservoir and Clayton store customers who have entered their homemade wine into the competition.
For more details about the Amateur Wine Show, click here. Tickets available at the door. Entry $15 per person and discount price for Veneto Club Members. The Veneto Club Bistro will be open for lunch, but be sure to book your table to avoid disappointment (03 9850 7111). Last booking 2.15pm.
~ Melbourne Salami Festa ~
Congratulations to all the winners who entered their homemade salami into the recent Melbourne Salami Festa!
- 1st Place for Judge's Choice Award - Bernard Holbery of the Winter Pig team
- 1st Place for People's Choice Award - The DeFazio Brothers
Whether you entered your homemade salami into the competition or just came along for the salami tastings, gourmet food, The Salumi Market or entertainment, it truly was a celebration of our much loved salami. Viva la salumi!
~ Fair Food Week ~
We recently had the pleasure of sponsoring the Fair Food Week, Flavour Crusader Photo Competition. Congratulations to all the winners and Tracy Milchick of Queensland for the Most Creative category for her photo of the "life cycle of a little strawberry".
(Photography by Tracy Milchick)
The Fair Food Week "... it’s a time to shine the light on the ‘new story of fairness’ across the food system, from paddock to plate. It’s a week full of intriguing and attractive events around the country".
The Fair Food Week celebrates food sovereignty, fresh, local and community driven food enterprises, farming, community gardens, and invites communities to learn ways to cultivate a better food future.
~ Shop Online ~
Enjoy the long weekend and if you are lucky enough to be attending this year's Spring Carnival, have an awesome time!