Check out the Pinterest page on Mason Jar Meals for some great food storing and serving ideas. Here's just a sample of recipe ideas. Click to follow their links.
Some handy tips we've picked up for using jars to store and serve salads are;
- Put the dressing in first, to sit at the bottom of the jar.
- Separate the leafy greens from the salad dressing. Leafy greens should go in last.
- Put the more robust veggies in after the dressings, such as carrots and cucumbers. They can sit in the dressing without spoiling.
- Fill the jars completely, to minimize the condensation liquid caused by space in the jars.
- You can store your salads freshly in salads in jars for several days.
Home Make It is teaming up with Master Chef contestant, Andrew Prior from Queenie's Food Tours for The Age, Good Food Month, for a special sausage-making lesson and specialist cooking class. To join Andrew on the Queenie's Food Tour with us on the 23rd November, 2013 book Online to secure your place.
The things we must do .......
You may recall earlier this year, our Business Development Manager, Frank Bovezza made the grueling sacrifice to travel to Italy in search of new, innovative and exciting products for our stores. You may also remember what a terrible time he had ;)
Anyway, Frank has kindly agreed to return to Italy in search of more new products for our stores and we look forward to sharing highlights from this trip with you via Facebook, Twitter and our Newsletters. Poor Frank, the things he must do....
The trading hours for our Reservoir and Clayton stores are 9am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday and 9am until 1.00pm on Saturdays.
You can also shop anytime at our Online Store, with the security and ease of Paypal. GiftCards are also available.
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for daily updates, specials, events and more.
Enjoy the weekend :)