VBM-02 Salami Culture
VBM-02 Salami Culture
VBM consists of Staphylococcus xylosus, Staphylococcus carnosus, and Lactobacillus sakei, producing bacteriocin, which in combination ensure a uniform and controlled production of fast fermented sausages with added safety.
Make sure it is mixed in properly with the spices and meat, this is to ensure the correct use of the culture and integrity of the final salami.
The culture should be applied to the coarsely chopped meat either to the bowl chopper or during mixing after grinding the meat. The culture should be applied early in the manufacture process together with e.g. spices and sugar. To enhance the controlled fermentation process the temperature should be above 20å¡C until pH is below 5.3. The production procedure should be adapted to the customers‰۪ production facilities.
20 g culture per 100 kg meat should be sprinkled directly into the meat or added as a solution. A solution may be prepared by dispersing the culture into approx. 200 ml of cold tap water (without chlorine) before applied to the meat. The solution should be used within a couple of hours.
- The starter builds and develops the good enzymes and bacteria with the minced meat helping ward of any bacterial contamination.
- It induces the fermentation, meaning, if the conditions are correct your fermentation will generally begin within 24 hours of hanging, not 7-8 days later. The quicker your salami start to ferment, the less risk of contamination.
- The starter helps bind your raw meat mix, giving you a more firm and consistent maturation.
- When sliced (assuming you've filled it correctly) you will be treated to a solid meaty texture all the way through. No more air pockets or bubbles, cracks or crumbling.
- And after all that, the benefits still continue - the culture is odorless, flavourless and colourless, leaving you with the flavours and aroma that you love and enjoy.
This packet is for 25kg of meat.
Shelf Life: Activity will remain for 12 months (<-17C). The storage period includes up to 14 days of shipment at temperatures below 30C.
Please note: This item needs to be kept in a fridge or freezer so must be sent with cold pack.
Please select express shipping at check out to ensure the product gets to you as soon as possible. Kindly note that if you select standard post and the freezer pack melts before the item reaches you we will not be held liable for any product spoiling.
- Family owned and operated
- Australia wide shipping
- 50 years local experience
- Secure checkout
- Rated 5 out of 5 starsGreat salami
Excellent. Perfect for the product I produce!ACAdrian C.Verified Buyer
- Rated 4 out of 5 starsTrainee Salami maker
Thanks for your assistance in getting all my basic ingredients to start Salami making it so handy having a one stop shop
RodRFRod F.Verified Buyer